Some observations as I watch it...
- Ok, some foundation, lipgloss, eyeshadow, blush... doesn't seem like too much.
- Starting to look a bit cakey.
- Yuck, the foundation is dripping, how can we cover ourselves in so much of this stuff each day?
- How is the model breathing? She looks like an iced cake.
- Wow, talk about repeated exposure to this stuff every day, and this is excluding the other products many women use each day- like fragrances, primers, concealers, mascara, hairspray, and powder.
When you get ready tomorrow, take a moment to write down the products you use on a daily basis. On one half or a small area of your face (to minimize product waste) apply a full 7 days of makeup. Now imagine a full year of makeup...
Some final thoughts:
Our skin is the largest organ in our body. Even though it may not seem like much when we get ready each morning, our exposure to the chemicals in cosmetics adds up over a month, a year, several years, a lifetime. Personally, this video makes me want to make my beauty routine as natural as I can, for both my health and the environment.