Winter weather has hit, and with it the nose-numbing, eye watering, blustery winds of winter. Though weather outside may be frightful, you can feel delightful.
- Baking Soda
- Epsom Salt
- Rolled Oats
- Lavender essential oil
- Coconut oil
- Mortar and pestle (or a wooden spoon and sturdy bowl)
1. Take a few tsp rolled oats and grind into a powder using the mortar and pestle (if you don't have a one use a wooden spoon to crush the oats in a sturdy bowl).
2. Add a handful of epsom salt and 2-3 tsp of baking soda.
3. Add this mixture to the bath before you run the water so that the salt dissolves.
4. Relax and enjoy the skin softening properties of the oats and baking soda as the epsom salts ease your muscle tension away.
- Your favourite scented candle. (This amazing Huckleberry candle is my current favourite).
- A great book: If you want a fun and light read I recommend Eccentric Glamour by Simon Doonan.
- A cup of antioxidant rich green tea.
After, mix 2-3 tbsp coconut oil and 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil and use as an all-over body moisturizer. Slip into a cozy pair of socks and a warm winter sweater. Enjoy!