- Take a hot shower and put a few drops of eucalyptus essential oils on the shower floor. The steam will create an aromatherapy experience that will help you breath more easily.
- A personal favorite when I'm sick is Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap in Peppermint.
- Use a gentil exfoliator all over your face to brighten your complexion and prep skin for a mask.
- I don't know if the old wives' tale is true, but dry your hair right away so you don't catch a cold.
- Tissues with lotion can clog your pores- try a gentle clay mask just on your nose and cheeks.
- 1 tsp grey clay with equal parts water or aloe vera should do the trick. Leave on until dry.
- When your sick your skin tends to get greasy- moisturize with a light lotion only.
- If your nose is bright red try calendula oil to sooth the redness. It will absorb quickly.
- Apply a good tinted lip balm to add some colour to your complexion. I recommend Burt's Bee's Tinted Lip Balm.
- Try to keep makeup to a minimum when you're sick- by the end of the day it will have rubbed off from blowing your nose. If you have dark circles apply a small amount of yellow toned concealer or loose powder and blend.
Monday, 19 November 2012
Winter is here and with it the common cold. Your nose is red, you have dark circles, and you look pale. When Monday comes you have to face the challenge of dragging yourself out of bed and heading off to work. Here are a few tips to make yourself feel and look bit healthier- even on a Monday morning.